Be Kind FoCo Annual Report
|Be Kind FoCo 3021 Old Dominion Ct. Fort Collins, CO 80528||Phone: 303-947-9974||Email: email@example.com Website: www.bekindfoco.org|
The mission of Be Kind FoCo is to inspire community philanthropy by celebrating, learning, and connecting through kindness.
Dear Friends of Be Kind FoCo,
In a time of challenge, it is sometimes difficult to see the forest for the trees. Our small team of all-volunteer board members and staff has been guided by our commitment to the mission of Be Kind FoCo to continue our work and grow our programs coming off a Covid hiatus. To that end, we managed to make some significant accomplishments during the 2022 fiscal year.
- We revived the annual Be Kind FoCo Festival in a new public location that well suits our mission and our community: Old Town Square. Our first event in the new location hosted several hundred attendees on June 25th, 2022.
- We piloted the first-ever Be Kind FoCo Week in Fort Collins, with the help of new partners.
- We secured our first-ever sponsorship from our partners at Elevations Credit Union.
- We won grants from Bohemian Foundation and OtterCares Foundation.
- Mayor Jeni Arndt proclaimed the first-ever Kindness Week in Fort Collins.
- We piloted Leadership Fort Collins’ project, The Random Acts of Kindness Challenge, as a holiday-season philanthropy program of Be Kind FoCo. Though it did not gain the traction we’d hoped it would, we learned valuable lessons that will guide our vision for the future of the project as a Pay-it-Forward partnership project with local businesses.
- We partnered with the NoCo Secret Samaritan’s Free Toy Store to bring a hot chocolate volunteer opportunity for Be Kind FoCo volunteer families.
The following is an overview of Be Kind FoCo’s income and expenses for the fiscal year that ended December 31, 2022:
|Direct Public Support-Business contributions||$2,785.27|
|Direct Public Support-Individual contributions||$2,060.24|
|Total Operating Expenses||$16,493.76|
|Net assets at end of year (accumulated)||$2,884.24|
Board of Directors
|Lauren Smiley, Chair||Jennifer Cooper||Colan Scheidenhelm|
|Amy Dixon, Vice Chair||Ann Hutchison|
|Huston Hoffman, Secretary||Brian Kiel|
|Joe Morrongiello, Treasurer||Ali Raza|
Carley McAbee, Co-Founder & Executive Director
Be Kind FoCo is tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.